Not Sundays or Mondays
Wednesday 1 March – Museum opens for 2017 season.
- We are open Tuesday – Saturday 10.00 am – 4.30 pm March and October
- 10.00 am – 5.00 pm April to September
Saturday 18 March 12.30 pm to Saturday 22 April – Exhibition:
“The Newfoundland Connection”
- This Exhibition tells the story of 300 years from the discovery of Newfoundland by South West explorers and the development of the cod fishery. It tells how important it was to men and women from Teignmouth and Shaldon, giving details of localfamilies and showing photos of life in Newfoundland.
Saturday 29 April to Saturday 10 June – Exhibition:
RNLI – “Hope in the Great War”
- This RNLI travelling exhibition tells the story of the last two years of the war in large panel displays. In particular the story will focus on the lifeboat rescues that took place during those years. There will be information from our archivists about local rescues of men from war-damaged ships.
Tuesday 18 July to Sunday 10 September – Exhibition:
“Three centuries of Teignmouth in pictures”
- This exhibition is a time-line of scenes around Teignmouth. 19th century prints were produced for visitors to buy as souvenirs. Later, photographs were a record of life and work in the town – local streets, shops and traders. Contemporary photos by Tony Wilson and Paul Warner are featured.
Thursday 7 to Sunday 10 September
Heritage Open Days (part of the National Heritage Open Days event)
The Museum tells the story of Teignmouth and Shaldon through the Centuries, showing how the settlements grew, how they were affected by national events and how local people lived and worked. There are two main galleries,the Sea Gallery and the Shore Gallery, plenty to see and activities for children.
Saturday 16 September to Saturday 28 October – Exhibition:
“Teignmouth and Shaldon in World War 1 1917”
- This exhibition continues the stories of individual men and women from Teignmouth and Shaldon who took part in the Great War and lost their lives or were wounded in 1917. In particular the role of women and the local hospital will be featured.
TEIGNMOUTH HERITAGE TRAIL
The Trail was started in 2005 by the Teignmouth Folk Festival with boards at points of interest round the town for residents and visitors to read. This proved very popular, and it was extended to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee year in 2012 and again in 2014. Taking advantage of new technology, the Trail now incorporates a website which can be accessed by Smartphone. There are also Talking Pens using microdot technology which allow users to access the trail information if they have sight problems. The Trail starts at the Museum and the Talking Pens are available there to pick up from Tuesdays to Saturdays from 10am. There is a deposit to be paid for taking the Talking Pens out of the Museum.
The Teign Room is available for hire to local community groups and businesses. All enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or 01626 777041
REGULAR WEEKLY ACTIVITIES
If you would like to participate in any of these events please contact the organiser on the number provided below …..
|5.00pm-5.45pm||Low impact aerobics (Carole-Anne Barr: 07891807726)|
|7.00pm-8.00pm||Teignmouth Karate Club (Mike Cheesley:07905560705)|
|8.45am-12.15pm||Pilates (3 sessions) (Wendy Blackburn: 07815489797)|
|2.00pm-3.00pm||Pilates (Wendy Blackburn: 07815489797)|
|3.15pm-4.00pm||Yoga for Backs (Jan Walpole: 07779784409) www.yogaforbacks.co.uk|
|5.00pm-7.00pm||Fitsteps (2 sessions) : Carole-Anne Barr: 07891807726|
|7.00pm-9.00pm||Chen-Style Tai Chi: Simon Fowler 07724139846|
|9.30am-12.15pm||Yoga (2 sessions) (Jan Hockley): 07779784409)|
|4.00pm-5.30pm||“Stepping Out” Dance Class : Elizabeth Humber 07442497029|
|8.00pm-10.00pm||Women’s Wellbeing Circle (currently fully subscribed)|
|9.30am-10.30am||Pilates (Wendy Blackburn): 07973321971|
|6.00pm -7.00pm||Aerobics (Carole-Anne Barr: 07891807726)|
|7.15pm-8.15pm||Zumba (Carole-Anne Barr: 07891807726)|
|10.00am-11.15am||Pilates and Relaxation (Beth Stevens: 07773367455)|
|7.00pm-9.00pm||Teignmouth Art Society meeting fortnightly – not in Summer (visit the website for membership: www.teignmouthartsociety.com)|
If you would like to participate in any of these events please contact the organiser on the numbers provided.